Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sacrifice

It has been a while since I last posted an entry here. I can’t believe that, don’t know where to start. So many things deep inside my heart.. but what to do? The recent Eidul Adha was very exciting as all my uncles, aunties and cousins gathered at nanny’s house during this festive season. Three families from my dad’s side united with the total members of 27; 11 from my family, 11 from my uncle’s, 4 from my aunt’s and not forgetting our lovely nanny. So sad that dad was not here.. may his soul rest in peace. Ameen!

The first thing done in the morning of Eid was performing the Eid pray and listening to Eid sermon right after that. From the mosque, we headed to nanny’s house to perform another ‘ibadah (worship); to sacrifice a cow. The slaughtering was done by the gentlemen in the families, nearby nanny’s courtyard.


Back in the old kitchen of nanny’s, the ladies were preparing the ingredients to be cooked with the in-coming fresh meats. Everybody worked hand-in-hand. Little kids were jumping cheerfully and moving here and there, creating a mixed indescribable noise of multi-pitches.. or should I call it a music rather than a noise? It could be a music if it brought pleasure but I’d rather not to call it as such if it only cracked my ear-drums. Well, no need to waste your saliva just to scold them angrily because I’ve made the same things when I was a child, long time ago and I would feel very sad when I got scolded, that’s a kid’s nature.. and probably the grown-ups too.

Alhamdulillah, praise be to Allah, for giving me another chance to live in this blissful mesmerizing mood with my beloved family members around. Will I have a chance to live in the same milieu in the future? I do hope so. I got one SMS that day from a friend of mine, Nurul ‘Izzah Zahari. The words were really meaningful that I want to share it here.

“SACRIFICE IS BEST WHEN THE CAUSE IS KNOWN AND THE EFFECT IS CERTAIN. THUS, MAKE SURE OF YOURS.. SO THAT YOU WON’T REGRET IT LATER”.

When a sacrifice is done to fulfill the order of Allah the Almighty, to give charity for the needy, to uphold the virtues and to blend the harmony within the society, then the causes are known and absolutely the effects are certain. Certainly there will be great rewards awaiting. In what form the rewards will be granted by God? They are all up to Him. May be a blessed society with a low crime rate, a serene heart with no more hatreds, a wealth and a health. We never know but we can predict. If all of us do the right things in the right ways, we know that by the will of Allah only the good things will be blooming.. a natural law that can’t be denied. We are confident that our good deeds done for the sake of Allah will help to peter out our small sins and Allah will prepare for us His magnificent paradise in the hereafter. Insya Allah.

Unluckily, the reality today is so disastrous.. too far from the sweet dream and seems so unreachable.
People sacrifice their own invaluable dignity only to get some money.
People sacrifice their priceless time doing the nonsense things only to feel the momentary pleasure.
What else? Let’s list them down..

No comments: