Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Fight n Flight

Last Friday, I was absent in all lectures - the thing which I have never done before. It was a bad day and I have to admit that the day was worse than the day before and probably the worst of all days. It was just a matter of fight and flight. In biology, fight and flight is one of the phenomena in body homeostasis but now I think that sometimes it is irrelevant to be practiced in normal life. I fought to finish up my practical report which was supposed to be submitted before the Friday ends and at the same time I flied from attending my classes for the whole day. See, how bad I was! The report was successfully sent to my lecturer, Alhamdulillah. However, there was no satisfaction inside of me. I felt very innocent and not comfortable throughout the day till the night came just because I was playing truant by not attending the lecture in the day. Then I realized that I have made a wrong decision for maintaining my own “homeostasis” with a wrong response.

The saying of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. indeed goes right, as he said that the good deeds are those which make you feel calm and serene while the evils are those which make your heart uncomfortable and miserable. Oh, no, I have done an evil! O Allah, please forgive me for all the mistakes I have made. Thank you Allah for giving me the chance to realize my own my mistake and prevent me from being that bad. I really am ashamed of myself. I’ve finally got a moral value: hard work means prosperity, only a fool idles away his time. I was a fool last week for idling away my time and did the work in the last minute but the thing won’t be the same in the future, Insya Allah. I’ll work hard smartly to gain prosperity; prosperity in this world and Hereafter, Ameen.

No comments: