- Analytical thinking
- Clean white paper
- Seeks for facts and information, looks into unproven facts, strives to get more figures, uses experience and knowledge
- Concerns in getting facts and information
- Can I know about this? Can you translate the data?
- Constructive thinking
- Sunshine, a bright day
- Driven by optimism, looks for something good, looks into possibilities, strives to achieve effectiveness in new idea
- Produce concrete ideas for improvement
- What’s the benefit? Who gets the benefit?
- Emotional thinking
- Heart shape, fire
- Symbolizes feelings and emotions, uses a lot of value system, uses fear, intuition and suspicion, looks into other’s feelings
- Makes correct judgments and decisions
- What do you feel? Is this preferred by everybody?
- Critical and negative thinking
- Darkness, black coat
- Not good, gloomy, negative assessment, tells what is wrong, points out problems, risks and dangers
- Points out negative side of thing matters
- Is this right? Can we do this?
- Creative thinking and provocative
- Plant, tree, leaves
- Looking for alternatives, provides new perceptions, tolerates ambiguities, accepts contradiction
- Generate new ideas and concepts
- How can we solve this problem? Do you have any idea?
- Thinking about thinking
- Color of the sky
- Gives an overview of the whole discussion, a process of control, makes tentative program for a meeting
- Judges and controls the situation
- How far have we progressed? Are we developing?